General 2024 MLB Thread (Official)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
The HR wall is like the end zone in the NFL. It continues straight up to define where in-play and OB is. Same goes for foul territory. Providing the fan doesn't reach OUT into the field of play

The fan reached OUT and touched either the ball or a player IN the field of play. In this case both look to have happened.
This is true

Blast

Fagguette
Feb 10, 2024
I don’t post much about baseball but I love the sport. I especially love seeing the players interact with the fans, when it’s kids and it’s not fake it’s next level.

I am Canadian and I believe Joey Votto is the Keanu Reeves of baseball. He is the nicest guy ever. Plus a hall of Famer soon.

Loves the game but also knows what he has is because of the fans. Incredible talent but he didn’t change when he found success. He has never come off as fake as some athletes with fans do. I remember seeing Votto making a TikTok video with a young girl and it was really cool. He really took the time to be with her. I remember him joking with I think a Mets fan, a kid, and he then hit a home run and he went up to the kid and the kid gave him a high five.

We need more people in sports like Joey Votto but he is a dying breed. I really hope he gets a chance with Toronto to at least give himself a chance to continue being the best baseball guy in the sport. He deserves it.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I don’t post much about baseball but I love the sport. I especially love seeing the players interact with the fans, when it’s kids and it’s not fake it’s next level.

I am Canadian and I believe Joey Votto is the Keanu Reeves of baseball. He is the nicest guy ever. Plus a hall of Famer soon.

Loves the game but also knows what he has is because of the fans. Incredible talent but he didn’t change when he found success. He has never come off as fake as some athletes with fans do. I remember seeing Votto making a TikTok video with a young girl and it was really cool. He really took the time to be with her. I remember him joking with I think a Mets fan, a kid, and he then hit a home run and he went up to the kid and the kid gave him a high five.

We need more people in sports like Joey Votto but he is a dying breed. I really hope he gets a chance with Toronto to at least give himself a chance to continue being the best baseball guy in the sport. He deserves it.
When he gets healthy he'll get some ABs.
Not sure if you've paid attention to my previous baseball posts, but...

Votto Still Bangs

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

Votto is a riot. He's sort of come out of his shell the last 4 or 5 years and let his humor show. I watch nearly every Reds game, and when he was injured he visited the TV booth for a few games. Not only was he funny, but his knowledge of the sport is incredible, and his approach at the plate and his thought process behind each pitch is amazing.

I think it was 3 years ago he made a comment to the press that he was going to worry less about getting walks and focus more on driving the ball. Dude immediately went on a power streak and hit a HR in 7 straight games. LMAO. The "Votto Still Bangs" moniker was born.

One of the few dudes who is so good with a bat that he can foul a pitch off on purpose because it's in the zone enough to be called a strike but not in a spot that he could make solid contact.

I thoroughly enjoyed his career with the Reds. Even had a brief convo with him when I had really good seats by the Reds dugout. It was during BP - probably his 4th or 5th year. As you said - great, genuine dude.

I wish nothing but the best for him in Toronto, and I hope your HOF prediction is accurate.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
He’s one of the 4 reds fans who actually follow them
It wasn't a sweep, but the Reds fuck-stomped the Red Sox the year before they swept the Yankees.

Bawstun fans love to talk about Fisk and Game 6, but y'all choked the dick in 7.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
It wasn't a sweep, but the Reds fuck-stomped the Red Sox the year before they swept the Yankees.

Bawstun fans love to talk about Fisk and Game 6, but y'all choked the dick in 7.
I know that
I never considered the Fisk home run anything to celebrate. I always thought it was stupid. They lost the series

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
End of orioles game
Fire all of the reviews bean counters
That was clear
They are useless
Better off putting a bunch of monkeys in to review calls. At least they’d get it right

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
One of my favorite shows as a kid was This Week in Baseball with Mel Allen.
MLB's app has the Top 10 plays every week, and that's about as close to we get to the old TWIB show. Most of Twitter's highlights they post are all HRs. Which in a 5 second clip are boring as fuck.

Anywhere - Here's the Top 10 from last week...

I was watching the game when Cedric Mullins made that catch (Spoiler Alert - it made #1 on this list).

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1782435774945730594

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
If any of you guys do DFS, the Houston/Colorado games this weekend are in Mexico City. The stadium sits at 7300 ft above sea level.
For comparison, Coors Field is at 5200 ft.

Likely to see plenty of dingers in those games.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
1714223259346.png

7 HRs and 15 SBs in a single month.
EDLC becomes only the 7th player all time (and the 1st in 20 years) to accomplish those numbers.

The others:
Carlos Beltran, Barry Bonds, Rickey Henderson, Joe Morgan and Lou Brock.

Elite company.