Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1713921038539.png

Islam Makhachev could see himself fighting Max Holloway at some point down the line, but not in the immediate future.

The UFC lightweight champion is currently booked to headline UFC 302 on June 1 against Dustin Poirier. Holloway delivered a highlight-reel, buzzer-beater knockout of Justin Gaethje earlier this month at UFC 300 and certainly has a case to get a lightweight title opportunity, but Makhachev doesn’t have the new BMF titleholder on his radar at the moment.

“If he beats a couple more guys in my division, we can fight,” Makhachev told the New York Post. “I don’t want to give him chance now because I have some contenders who I have to beat. Now I have Dustin, after we’ll have Arman [Tsarukyan]. I think I’ll have some [work] in my division, he has [work] in his division.

“Maybe if he wins his next fight. Maybe [if] he beats [Ilia] Topuria, and I finish all of my two fights, maybe.”

Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’ - MMA Fighting

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
No one cares about Islam right now. He's got nothing that draws people to watch in his style.

Good for him being champ though and if people want to see him dethroned then someone has to go and do it.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
LOL at this

Makhachev is running scared after seeing what Wax did to his trainer partner Justin Gacthe

Lol just admit that you don't think you can take Wax down will get the ears boxed off by the stronger fighter.

Max beats this guy within 3 rounds when Islam gasses out after spamming pointless takedowns.

Conor McGregor vs max Holloway is a cracker of a fight. McGregor can knock him cold or out wrestle the weaker Wax holoman

RoidRucky

No1 P4P UK POSTER
Jan 7, 2024
Islam finally fighting/ a 155er instead of a 45'er,
Oh wait, DustBin P is a former 45'er and on a 1 fight win streak, what a fucking joke.

I do not like the Dagi fighters, and I don't know why Dana appeases them .

Like Ankalaev saying he'll fight Pereira in Abu Dhabi, u don't get to call the shots Momo.
And he's on a one fight win streak and in his last 3 fights he's 1-1-1