What manly sh!t have you done today?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Untreated 2.5 years I'm guessing, treated closer to 5.
2.5 years is exactly my hope, running into summer 2026, fruiting.
By then I'll have a plan according to the root system, & kinda where I am with things.
But these should insulate the roots through winter acclimation.

Dos

Mar 2, 2023
I’m about to order my kids to go stack some wood and while they’re doing that I’m gonna fuck their mom.

That counts, right?

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I’m about to order my kids to go stack some wood and while they’re doing that I’m gonna fuck their mom.

That counts, right?
Not really no.
If you had your wife stack the wood tho'...

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Leaking like a sieve, had to turn off the water overnight.
Took this thing apart & replaced o-rings, cleaned grease new faucet & cartridge, soaked in vinegar then DEP, still gushing 1 gpm, almost gave up.
Made a wire tool, went into the wall, found a bad o-ring in the hw supply side, bingo.
View attachment 91920View attachment 91921
Other side of this.
I just had to deal with the same bullshit today. I know fuckall about plumbing so I was really skeptical on whether I could do it myself. I won't get into all the hassles, details, and heatache, but I got it handled after tons of youtube videos and a really nice guy at Lowes. In brief, I couldn't identify the brand, therefore was kind of fucked, then on top of that, this brand requires a specific tool to remove the cartridge. Fuck did that suck, but at least I'm not stuck without water for the weekend, or huge plumber bill.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Put up barn lights, sink light, pond lights & front estate lights.

20231221_204559.jpg20231221_203000.jpg20231221_202821.jpg20231221_202642.jpg20231221_163937.jpg

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Went to work this morning. Went to make coffee. Discovered that outlet was inoperable(no light where you push the button). Took immediate action. Unplugged coffee maker, found effective secure location-- other side of room near the sink. Powered up the grid, mission implemented.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It gets dusty as fuck
chicken dander everywhere
Can fuck up the lungs a bit

I recommend moving them outside or to an outbuilding when temps allow
Yeah, I've got a little barn & just fixed the power last month for an outlet.
4 egg boxes, but I need to secure it better.
It has chicken wire buried, but I'm gonna need better, so bought some more hardware cloth yesterday.
Also gonna build more boxes obviously, and going to have to ammend its layout, probably a 3-day gig if I can get some painkillers.
Can't find a Willow tree to save my life, and all the wild lettuce is dormant.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yeah, I've got a little barn & just fixed the power last month for an outlet.
4 egg boxes, but I need to secure it better.
It has chicken wire buried, but I'm gonna need better, so bought some more hardware cloth yesterday.
Also gonna build more boxes obviously, and going to have to ammend its layout, probably a 3-day gig if I can get some painkillers.
Can't find a Willow tree to save my life, and all the wild lettuce is dormant.
We did them in the living room one because temps were like 15 degrees when we got them in late November last year, hella dusty and wasted a lot of time insulating a small part(closet) of the garage(uninsulated) when we moved them there(hella dusty in there as well). Was nice getting eggs that spring but it cost a lot more to raise them during the cold part of the year, next time I will just raise them in the summer so they can be outside in the coop under a simple heat lamp.

Had chickens for 15 years or so, learned many lessons in that time and am still learning new ones every year.

Once grown they can tolerate quite a bit of cold if they have a dry non windy environment, don't need supplemental heat.