General What works for scaring birds away from your garden?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Homeslice

Dec 16, 2023
Fuking arsehole birds. Eating my blackberries, eating my grapes, hell, even eating my fried okra. What is the best way to keep them away? Someone told me a scarecrow really does work pretty good? And I read hanging up a bunch of CDs around your garden can scare them away because it fuks with their flight senses or some shit?

Thanks for any help, its us versus them!!!

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
A larger fake bird of prey can work. Like a fake owl or a fake hawk.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
How is your fried okra not already eaten by you?

Does it grow already fried down there?

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
I find that suddenly running out of the back door screaming "AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGHH" like a deranged lunatic works pretty well.

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
naked jumping jacks has worked in my neighbors garden. he wasnt to happy while i was doing them but his wife didnt seem to mind.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Get a cat. This one brings something dead onto our porch weekly. Birds, mice, moles, baby bunnies even.

IMG_6228.jpeg

Last edited:

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Fuking arsehole birds. Eating my blackberries, eating my grapes, hell, even eating my fried okra. What is the best way to keep them away? Someone told me a scarecrow really does work pretty good? And I read hanging up a bunch of CDs around your garden can scare them away because it fuks with their flight senses or some shit?

Thanks for any help, its us versus them!!!
You might be better off getting sacrificial berries that are just for the birds. Vineyards do this to keep the birds off of their grapes and it works really well. Research what berry varieties birds can't resist in your region.

Harlem

Supporter - TMMAC
Feb 25, 2015
You might be better off getting sacrificial berries that are just for the birds. Vineyards do this to keep the birds off of their grapes and it works really well. Research what berry varieties birds can't resist in your region.
I hear if you add special sauce to the berries, the birds don’t return… :)

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
i found a stray with 2 kittens on my porch a couple winters back. the mom was feral as fuck but over a few weeks she and the 2 kittens would come up to me. i snagged a kitten for my step daughter and the mom went on a killing spree that would rival the green river killer. in a week she had killed 12 birds and left them at my front door. the kitten my step daughter has is a stone cold killer too.

Blast

Fagguette
Feb 10, 2024
i found a stray with 2 kittens on my porch a couple winters back. the mom was feral as fuck but over a few weeks she and the 2 kittens would come up to me. i snagged a kitten for my step daughter and the mom went on a killing spree that would rival the green river killer. in a week she had killed 12 birds and left them at my front door. the kitten my step daughter has is a stone cold killer too.
I don’t know why but this made me laugh so hard.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
A larger fake bird of prey can work. Like a fake owl or a fake hawk.
I've got some kind of small birds nested in my bougainvilla and I watched one of them chase off a hawk the other day. It was impressive.